Friday, September 26, 2008

Jim's "Go or Don't Go" - The Good Shepherd

I never imagined that when I chose to rent The Good Shepherd that there would be a risk that I was making a decision that I would be reminded of the rest of my life. Men, when your wife says, "I don't care, you pick the movie," just remember that you may look back at this moment as a crossroads, and you could be at risk of losing movie-picking privileges for a very, very long time. You may even coin a new phrase, like, "Whatever you do, don't pull a 'Good Shepherd.'"

Since I admit that this was horrible movie and a colossal waste of 2 hours and 40 minutes (yes, you read correctly) of my life, I refuse to waste any more time on this subject. For a great re-cap of this movie, check out this review. It says it all.

http://www.thelondonpaper.com/cs/Satellite/london/film/article/1157145520631?packedargs=suffix%3DSubSectionArticle

Needless to say, I say "Don't Go."

1 comment:

neatr_natr said...

I guess this echoes our conversation from last night. I liked the Good Shepard, it was moody, paranoid, isolating, and threatening. All the things the Cold War was, showing the myth of redemptive violence (though this message wasn't in the movie) and thought that Matt Damon knocked it out of the park with his straight face acting. Just my opinion, I get what you are saying though, Heather and I haven't had the Good Shepard moment though Heather has a proclivity for the occasional lifetime movie.