Monday, July 7, 2008

Jim's "Go or Don't Go" - Definitely, Maybe

This really should be titled, "Rent or Don't Rent" but here you go anyway...

We finally had time to watch "Definitely Maybe" this week. Carrie is considerate enough to not make me watch too many chic flicks, but occasionally I have to endure one. This movie certainly falls into that category.I found this to be "When Harry Met Sally" meets "The Princess Bride." The story is told by a dad telling his daughter (one of those unnaturally mature children that only exist in the movies) about how he met her mother. The story takes place in the 90s and we follow his relationships with the three women that are the possible candidates. We find out at the end of the movie who her mother is, but there is a twist. Carrie made a good observation that the film could have been better if it had worked a little more humor into the story.I'm sure that most ladies will enjoy the romantic suspense of this movie, but the guys will just have to bite the bullet and take one for the team on this. I've been waiting all week to say this... Definitely Maybe? Definitely Not! I say "Don't go."

No comments: