Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bad Luck...

Ok, so the last couple of days have not gone well. As I mentioned before briefly, I had a really hard time setting up our wireless network and eventually gave up after 12 hours of working to solve the problem. The tech support people even told me to take it back to the store- they said it was defective. I'm thinking I might try again with a different brand... do I dare?

On top of that, last night I went up to switch laundry into the dryer and stepped on the rug and it went "squish." The floor was completely soaked. After some investigating, we discovered that water is pouring out of the bottom of the washer. It's not a hose, we checked all those connections. So now we have the GE maintenance guy coming on Tuesday to look at it and most likely charge us some obscene amount to fix it. Not to mention the AC in Jim's car has gone out and that is going in next Tuesday as well. I can see the dollar signs adding up.

This morning, we had a close call. The HVAC guy came over to do some work on the furnace. I was upstairs for a couple of hours while he worked. When I came down to pay him, he said "Is this your cat?" and pointed to Bear. I was like, "Um, ya." (Weird question, I thought). He said, "Oh, because he was outside and I brought him in but I wasn't sure if he was yours." I didn't want to yell at the guy for letting him out, because at least he had the sense to bring him in, although I'm not sure why he didn't check with me to see if he was my cat before he put him in my kitchen. Anyway, I asked where he was and he said "in the yard." So that was Bear's big adventure for the day. He could have run away but he didn't so I guess he does like us enough to stick around:)

So despite all the appliance/tech issues, I am glad that we still have a cat. Now if I can just make it in the house without setting off the alarm...

No comments: