Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Useless Information...

So apparently, Marissa has tagged me. Not really sure what that means, but I guess I’m supposed to blog 7 interesting things about myself. That might be a stretch- I’m not really that interesting...

1) I like to invent things. Unfortunately, none of the inventions make it past me thinking them up. I was recently reminded of one that I thought of years ago: African-American band-aids. Why are band-aids automatically peach colored? In other parts of the world, are they still that color? That makes no sense. I was reminded of this the other day when I saw a black woman buying clear band-aids. Maybe that is supposed to be the solution, but I still think our band-aids are racist.
-Another good invention is a mapping website where you can type in all the places that you need go (in no particular order) and it orders them in the most efficient route so you don’t backtrack and you save gas. Maybe this already exists, but I haven’t come across it yet.

2) I would live at DisneyWorld…. no, really. Even though it is not Disneyland, which I am more nostalgic about, it is bigger and in many ways better. Jim and I both love it and can’t wait to go back. Being there makes me feel like a kid and the stress of the real world is gone.

3) I have a theory that every other week is long. So if I have a week that flies by, the next week drags on forever. The only break I’ve found to the pattern is when we’re on vacation. In vacation world, one week seems like a day- vacations are always over too quickly.

4) I love candy. Jim says candy is for kids, but I can’t help myself- I adore it. Not even 'grown up' candy like Dove dark chocolates... I'm talking about old-fashioned pure-sugar goodness, like Skittles, Necco wafers, gum drops, Sour patch kids, the list goes on…

5) I have zero sense of style. Clothing stores intimidate me because most of the stuff that is ‘in’ looks totally weird to me. Obviously I just don’t understand the trends because everyone else likes the stuff and wears it and looks great. I think I need to go on ‘What Not to Wear.’ I’m not as bad as some of those people, but I’m still pretty clueless. I mostly just go for comfort and practicality. Bo-ring!

6) I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. I never pictured myself in a 9-5 desk job, which is where I am, and I think I could be doing something more fullfilling. I don’t mind my job, just not sure if I can do this the rest of my life.

7) I am a germ-a-phobe. I’m not completely OCD about it, but borderline. I don’t touch doorknobs, elevator buttons, etc. I have developed work-arounds for most common situations so I don’t have to touch anything I think is ‘contaminated.’ Hotel rooms generally freak me out. Ironically, I probably get sick about the same amount as everyone else.

Ok, all done. I’m tagging Jennifer! And I’m hoping Jim will contribute his own list as well.

No comments: