Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My New Endeavor...

So you may have noticed in a recent post that I mentioned piano lessons. Yesterday was my very first one and I think it went really well.

A little history: I have never played the piano (apart from a 1 semester class in college that taught me very little). I have always wanted to learn. Although I am getting a late start, I feel there is no better time than the present, and if I don't start now, I might never get around to it.

So with my 'Adult Beginner' book in hand, I set off to Monroeville last night to the home of Annette Smouse for my 45 minute lesson. She is a graduate of the Duquesne School of Music and has been teaching piano for 20 years. We made it through the first 30 pages of the book, which I thought was a sizable chunk. Wish me luck!

No comments: