Sunday, July 19, 2009

Jim's Birthday To-Do List...

Wednesday birthdays aren't very fun, so I decided that my day of observance would be Saturday the 18th. And, since I deemed last year's birthday "The Worst Birthday Ever" (I spent all day calling plumbers regarding a clogged sewer drain, and I backed Carrie's car into a mailbox, as well as several other mishaps that I have blocked from my memory,) I was determined to make this year's birthday a good one.

I made a list on Friday of my top birthday requests and emailed it to Carrie. Here's how the day turned out, along with photo documentation for your viewing pleasure...

1. Get up early and go for a run (Here's the dappled Zahniser homestead when I got back at 7:30am)2. Drink a Mocha Frappacino (Free for my birthday with my gold card membership!)
3. Update my ipod art
4. Read my History of Marvel Comics book (birthday present from my mother-in-law)
5. Chillax on the porch with an adult beverage
(Carrie was too cold to chillax)
6. Quality time with Bear 7. Watch a Steelers DVD (Carrie actually suggested that we watch the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl - still saved on our TiVo)
8. D's Chicago dog
9. Birthday Dessert (My choice- Drumsticks!) 10. Go for a walk with wife (Carrie took this shot of a huge rose in the the neighbor's garden) 11. Play guitar 12. Kennywood/Potato Patch fries
As we approached the park, we were caught in a brief thunderstorm and a rainbow appeared over Kennywood.
Riding the Thunderbolt
The main reason for our visit...
Carrie opted out of following up the Potato Patch with the Paratrooper, but I rode anyway...
We always save the carousel for last...
Thanks again to Carrie for helping to make it one of the best birthday's ever! She even endured listening to Hank Williams and Johnny Cash for a good part of the day - a real sacrifice for her!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

FUN!! What a perfect birthday. :)

Chris said...

Happy Birthday, Jim!