Thursday, July 16, 2009

Introducing Black Bear Bakery...

So for a couple of months now, I have been baking cookies every week for Jim to take to work as a treat for his co-workers. It has come to be known as "Cookie Thursdays" around there. They have been popular so far, and people have even been inquring about ordering them from me (I'm making my first batch for sale tonight!) I've been baking different kinds each week, trying to keep things interesting. So far, I've made...

Classic Chocolate Chip
Oatmeal Cranberry
Macadamia Nut White Chocloate
Heath Chocolate Chip
Oatmeal Raisin Pecan Spice (by far the most popular)
Reeses Chocolate Chunk

I am open to any suggestions, as my recipes may start to dwindle. My general process is to start with a cookbook recipe and then alter it however I want (but I don't mess with the flour or baking soda- you can't be creative there :) Since it looks like I may be selling some batches now, we decided I needed to come up with a name for my "company". My mom suggested "Black Bear Bakery" and I love it. Of course, the logo will include a cat, not a bear - which may be confusing but I guess that's the point- to make it memorable. Hopefully the cookies will be memorable all by themselves. Let me know if you'd like to sample something and I'll whip up what Jim calls a "Promotional batch." Happy eating.

3 comments:

superstarBJR said...

I suggest snickerdoodles. They are a pain in the butt to make so they should sell very well!

Jennifer said...

Carrie Lynn shared a "promotional" cookie this morning and it was deeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious! Go Black Bear Bakery! :)

Anonymous said...

I suggest that you get three or four really really good really really popular varieties that you consistently offer, and then offer 1 additional variety that you "rotate" among. That way, your customers can always have their favorites or they can have something unusual and different. They might even start to buy two units of cookies--one of their "regular favorite" and of "something to try out". Another benefit is that you only need to think up a new flavor once a month or so.