Sunday, December 13, 2009

Jim's Twelve Days of iTunes...

Here's a new feature, just for the holiday season. If you're looking for some fresh Christmas music for your holiday collection, I thought that I would suggest one of our favorite songs every day for the next 12 days. Some will be familiar favorites, others will be lesser known gems. We hope you will find this list helpful!

On the First Day of iTunes... I suggest Frank Sinatra's version of the Christmas Waltz. I suppose there are other versions of this song, but if there are, they can't be as good as this one. We are big fans of Frank Sinatra, and, some of you may know, I secretly wish that I was Frank Sinatra. So it's no suprise that we have many Christmas selctions by him, but this is my top Sinatra pick.

The best version was recorded in 1957 for his Christmas album, "A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra." To me it seems like an unusual song for a man to sing, but he pulls it off, and I can't imagine anyone else performing it. Many of my favorite Sinatra tunes were recorded around this time, when his voice was at it's best. It's just a beautiful rendition of a beautiful song.

I have a feeling Frank may be making multiple appearances on this list.

No comments: