Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm still here, really...

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten the blog. Unfortunately, I just haven't had anything interesting enough to post this week. That could be because I am in Olympics mode, so that's pretty much been occupying my evenings. So other than commenting on the scam that is the women's Chinese gymnastics team (they are so not 16!) or the phenomenon that is Michael Phelps, I don't have much else to offer.

I guess the only house related things going on this week were the Gutter Helmets, which we still don't have. They have come out twice and both times they did not bring the right parts for the job so they are supposed to come back next week. They are not off to a good start. Also, Jim has been painting the basement floor this week. It is looking great so far. The other thing we are considering right now is installing a farmhouse sink, something like this...

We have to go out to a specialty kitchen store, because you can't get these at Lowe's/Home Depot. So that is the latest. This weekend coming up is YMC camping, so I'm sure I'll have more to post about soon.

Go USA!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh man, I have a hard time believing those Chinese gymnasts were even 14, let alone 16. Just another reason why China should never have been selected to host the Olympics. Some say that we need to accept their government and focus on the sport. China's action (likely fake passports) and the IOC's inaction (no investigation) really blow that defense for me. Hopefully I can forget about this by the time track starts up.