Saturday, August 9, 2008

Redneck Fun...

What an evening we had. Let me start by saying how psyched I was to take photos at this event, only to get there, pull out my camera, and see "No Memory Card" on the screen. D'oh!! So ladies and gentlemen, you will have to form some mental pictures.

Chris S. met us at 7 and we drove up to the Butler Farm Show to visit Drew and Lindsay before they leave for Africa. There, we attended my first ever demolition derby. This is where I really wish I had the camera. I had no idea cars could still maneuver with so little of their body/frame/etc intact. It was quite a spectacle... you just don't get that kind of entertainment in Seattle (not sure if that is a good or bad thing:)

After that, we went to visit the livestock. First we saw the bunnies (awwwww). Then, I got to hold a baby chick and an adult chicken. I didn't even ask to hold the chicken, but someone handed it to me so I juggled it semi-awkwardly for a few minutes. Those of you who are familiar with my germaphobia can imagine how not thrilled I was to be covered with chicken germs. I held my hands away from my body and didn't touch anything (can we say 'biohazard'?) until I could locate a Purell pump in the next barn. Yes, everyone laughed at my paranoia, but I am not comfortable with strange chicken bacteria on my person. Hello, Avian Flu?

All in all, it was an interesting night... so good to see friends and catch up, and the demo derby was a sight not to be soon forgotten.

No comments: