Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Website of the Week- Part One

I want to take a few minutes to introduce you to my favorite timesaver... Google Reader. Clearly, you read blogs (since you're here) and likely there may be several others you follow. As my list of sites to check ballooned, I realized I needed to streamline the "checking" process- especially since I wasted a lot of time visiting sites that had no new posts up.

Enter Google Reader. Once you add all your "subscriptions" (to the blogs you check regularly), it will scan them and post any new entries on one homepage so you can see everything new at a glance. Then you can either read it right from Google, or you can click on the entry to go to the actual blog page. Keep in mind, this only works for feeds (like blogs), not general websites.

Stay tuned for Website of the Week- Part Two, where I'll share another tip on how to combine Google Reader with another handy tool to make the web work even harder for you. In the meantime, click on the logo below to set up your own Google Reader.

No comments: