Saturday, January 16, 2010

Carrie's Carpentry Corner...

Today we are having some plumbing work done in our laundry room (thanks Marty & Ron!) and prepping to add a new utility sink next to our washer and dryer. We have a laundry cabinet that we purchased at a garage sale shortly after we moved into our old house on Marion. We painted it white at the time and it and it has been the perfect thing for storing all the laundry detergent, cleaners, etc.

With the new sink going in, it was no longer going to fit in the space. So rather than get rid of it, I decided to reduce it's size by half. It ended up taking me longer than I had hoped, probably 8 hours in all, because I didn't exactly have the appropriate tools. I did almost all the cutting with a miter hand saw because it was all I had that would work. Then I sanded and painted it and now it's as good as new, just smaller. Best of all, this project cost $0. Take a look.

Before...

After...

2 comments:

Hilary said...

You are so handy! I give you credit for busting out the power tools yourself. It looks great.

Hannah + Dale said...

wow. I'm impressed. You are very good with those power tools.