Friday, January 8, 2010

Finally- Some photos...

I know I promised I would get some pictures up from our holidays, and I am now recovered from my illness and done with work, thus I finally have time.

As in past years, we flew out to Seattle for the week of Christmas to visit my family. Last year you might remember we got stuck in Pittsburgh due to weather and missed our Christmas Eve flight. This year we went out on the 18th so we had plenty of time and didn't run into any trouble.

We started the trip off with a drive down to Portland to visit our good friends Chris and Karen who moved to Oregon from Pittsburgh this past year. We had a great day exploring the city with them...


We decided to do something we hadn't done since before we were married- go up the Space Needle. This was a cool modern take on a Christmas tree that was outside the entrance...


Looking up...

Up on top...

City views...

Close Up! We got to help out a little with my sister's going away party (she moved to LA last week)... Here we are together.

We flew back to Pittsburgh on the 26th, after visiting with my family all week. My sister bought us all tickets to see the Rockettes at the Paramount which was really fun. We also got to visit with Annie White who I had not seen in years, as well as with the Rutledges and Ben, Marissa and Mitchell Kasdan. That little boy keeps getting cuter!

On the 27th, Jim and I celebrated our own Christmas at our place...

Bailey was the first to try out their new gift "The Ultimate Scratch Lounge" - both she and Bear love it and they fight over who gets to lay in it. As you can see, it's just cardboard. Yes, they are easily amused...

Here's Bear waiting his turn while snuggling up with Santa's hat...

Aw, Mom!
Luckily, my post air-travel sickness did not set in until late on New Year's day, so we were able to enjoy a nice evening out for New Year's Eve at the Pines Tavern in Gibsonia. We drove throught the lights at Hartwood Acres first and then it was on to dinner. We had a great time and really enjoyed going out for New Year's this year- we are usually traveling so it was the first time we'd done that in quite a while.


Hope you had a wonderful Holiday season as well. I'm already looking forward to next year : )

1 comment:

Chris said...

Sorry to hear that you got sick after vacation! (But also glad to hear that you probably didn't get it from us!)