Friday, September 18, 2009

Jim's Favorite Frozen Beverages...

It is widely known that I am a connoisseur of frappuccinos. If all the money that I have spent on these drinks was in my 401K, I could retire in five years.

My favorite is the Panera Bread Frozen Mocha (formerly known as the I.C. Mocha, a much better name.) It's goes great with one (or two) of their oatmeal cookies. Heads up: Throw your diet out the window when you order one of those.

Starbucks makes a fine Frappi in the Mocha Frappuccino. Not as many calories, but quite tasty.



Locally, you should really try the iced mocha at Fortune's in the Strip. It's just called a Cappucino Freeze, but just ask for a Mocha Cappucino Freeze and you won't be disappointed. And then there's the Chocolate Newf, found at Big Dog Coffee on the Southside. That one's made with real ice cream.

I've recently discovered a new contender at an unexpected place: Wendy's. The have a great iced mocha beverage in the Frosty-cino. It has a great coffee/ice cream flavor. It comes standard with vanilla ice cream, but if you ask, they'll make it with chocolate (my preference). I'm not a big fan of their whipped cream, but it's a great economical alternative if your out and about and craving a frosty treat. In fact, it's the cheapest of all the drinks I've mentioned.

And on the soft drink front, Carrie discovered a great diet soda - Coke Cherry Zero. I think Coke Zero is the least diet-tasting diet soda out there, and the cherry flavor version is just as good.

Hopefully you will find this essential information helpful:)

2 comments:

chris said...

agreed about the diet cherry coke. it was my favorite from the soda machine in pittsburgh. can't seem to find it here in corvallis.

Unknown said...

Maybe we'll bring you a case in December.